01 Sep 2021:
Blankets are perhaps the most underrated items in any home if you ask me. We use them to wrap up babies, to make forts for kids to play in during rainy days, to wrap up our pets before transporting them, to snuggle in... their uses are endless.
Since they are so overlooked, we hardly ever get to know just how versatile they are. So, in this article, we are paying tribute to the role blankets play in our lives by looking at some of the ways we can use them.
- Comfort and security: I know this may sound strange but in this, I am specifically referring to weighted blankets which are designed to be heavier than normal blankets They are said to have the same effect as a tight swaddle on a baby and for this reason many people doze off quicker and calm the nervous system if a person is suffering from anxiety.
- Snug pet bed: In case you have a furry baby who does not have a bed of their own, here is a quick fix. Fold a fleece blanket over twice and stuff it in a cardboard box. It is not just going to keep them warm but your little furry friend is going to feel right at home in that cozy box.
- Avoid freezing in a movie theatre: Have you ever gone to a movie theatre and suffered through a movie because the AC was turned up a little high? Well, guess what? Stuff a blanket in your bag and pull it out when the opening credits start rolling. You will be snug throughout the film and enjoy it a whole lot more.
- Add some character to your furniture: A little goes a long way and a simple throw blanket draped across a plain coloured duvet or the couch makes a bold statement. If you have additional smaller blankets or quilt cover sets, you can also fold them up into throw pillows for more character.
- Putting sentimentality into corporate gifts: Generally, corporate gifts are usually mugs or pens that bear the firm's logo on them. Can you imagine a nice cozy blanket with a small embroidered logo and a personalized statement instead? It will improve the relationship between the client and the customer and consequently boost sales especially if it is a gift that is incorporated into daily use such as a blanket.
- Clothing insulation: You can use old fleece blankets to line your worn out clothes and make them more suited for the cold season. Instead of throwing out an old coat, you could simply refurbish it with fleece. It is a great fix especially if you are handy with a home sewing machine.
- Show a loved one you care for them: Blankets are the most perfect gifts to show loved ones just how much you care. Flowers usually fade awat and greeting cards are set aside after some time but nothing beats a soft throw blanket with a loving message printed or embroidered on it. The best thing about this gift is that it has no age restriction.
Having said all this, you may be wondering where you can find blankets. Well, the good news for you is that Lorraine Lea will take care of all your blanket needs. Whether you need fleece, throw, emergency or weighted blankets, they are definitely your guys!